MCKENNA DISTRIBUTION LTD.
McKenna Distribution Ltd. (“McKenna Distribution”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal and business information of its clients and to maintaining the highest standards of security of such information. McKenna Distribution abides by the ten principles of Privacy set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“Privacy legislation”) and has established the within policy and internal procedures to ensure its clients personal information is collected, used, transferred, shared and disclosed only for identified business purposes and only with the consent of its clients, except where otherwise required for legal or security purposes. We collect the personal and business information of our clients in order to offer the highest quality supplies and products and to provide them with ongoing high quality service. Maintaining security of our client’s personal information is a top priority and our policy sets high standards for collecting, transferring, sharing, disclosing and storing such personal information. Our principles of Privacy are set out below:
- Accountability - McKenna Distribution is accountable for keeping the information we have about our clients safe and secure. By a series of internal practices and controls and contractual agreements with external suppliers and service providers, we ensure the personal information that we collect, use, transfer, share, disclose and retain is secure and is used only for identified business purposes or as required by law.
- Identifying Purposes - At McKenna Distribution we collect only the information we need from our clients for the business purposes which we identify to our clients in writing, either before or at the time we collect the information. We collect personal information in order to offer high quality, specialized and unique retirement and insurance products to our clients.
- Consent - Our goal is to be transparent to our clients in relation to the collection and use of their information. We obtain our client’s express consent before we collect, transfer, share or disclose any personal client information, except where the collection, transfer, sharing or disclosing is for legal or security purposes.
- Limiting Collection - At McKenna Distribution we collect only the personal client information that is necessary in order to offer the specialized and unique supplies and products to our clients and we do so with our client’s consent, except where authorized by law. We never collect more information about our clients then is needed for the purposes which we identify to our clients.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - Our client’s personal information is not used, disclosed or retained for any purpose other than those expressly identified to our clients or as required by law. We keep our client information only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the identified business purposes and as is necessary for legal, regulatory and limitation of action purposes.
- Accuracy - At McKenna Distribution we endeavour to keep our client’s personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible for the purposes for which it is to be used. We regularly update client information to ensure accuracy and continue to offer high quality, specialized and unique retirement and insurance products to our clients.
- Safeguards - At McKenna Distribution we have in place internal practices and controls to ensure security safeguards are in place appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information which we collect and retain. These safeguards include physical, technological and organizational measures all designed to limit access to client personal information on a need-to-know basis and to keep the personal information secured against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Our employees are committed and contractually bound to maintaining the confidentiality of all client information. We also have in place procedures to screen anyone who requests client personal information to ensure information is only transferred, share or disclosed to authorized third parties only.
- Openness - At our client’s request, McKenna Distribution will make available additional information about our policies and internal practices and controls relating to the management and safeguarding of client personal information.
- Access to Information - At any time clients may request to be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information and McKenna Distribution will provide access to that information. We encourage our clients to update their personal information with us and allow them to verify the accuracy and completeness of any personal information we may hold. There may be limited circumstances when information cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons and in that case we will advise our clients of the reasons why information cannot be accessed by them.
- Challenging Compliance - At all times we encourage our clients to express to us any concerns they may have regarding our compliance with the ten principles of Privacy described in this policy. Where clients have questions about the manner in which we safeguard personal information, they may feel free to contact Steve McKenna at (306) 359-7755,
Collection and use of our client’s personal information is fundamental to the day-to-day business operations at McKenna Distribution. Protecting the privacy and maintaining the highest standards of security with respect to that information is a top priority. If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact us.